Welcome to Brownie's Chair, my blog about all things cross stitch. Feel free to have a look around, and email me if you have any questions or suggestions!

Friday, June 5, 2015

Free Pattern Friday: Super Edition

Well, I know I've been a little behind in posting Free Pattern Friday for the past couple weeks.  So to make up for it, I have links to 3 free cross stitch patterns today.  I actually plan my posts several months in advance, so rather than just ignoring these great patterns, I want to make sure that you are aware they're out there.  So without further ado, here we go.

First of is the latest installment of the Flower of the Month series by EMS that are part of the 2015 SAL I'm hosting.  If you want to come join us there's still time to sign up, all the signup info can be found here.

June's flower as designed by Ellen Maurer-Stroh is Wild Rose, not to be confused with the cultivated roses, which have a multiplicity of meanings.  According to Google, the wild rose has it's own symbolism and stands for pleasure and simplicity. 

The PDF for this free cross stitch pattern (if you haven't downloaded it already) can be found over at the EMS website.

And since we're into June now, I'm starting to have all things summer on my mind.  Graduation just finished up here at work, so now it seems like everyone is kicking back and enjoying their summer vacations (unless, like me, you have to work year round).  Summer makes me think of beaches, and I found this adorable pattern by Rainbow Gallery that fits right into this theme.

I have to confess, I'm not a super huge fan of beaches.  I don't like swimming in water where "things" may touch me, and I don't like getting sand in every imaginable crevasse when changing out of my swimming suit.   But I love the idea of beaches.  And this cute little pink fish is perfect for a beachy stitching project.  The pattern calls for all Rainbow Gallery fibers, but you could easily sub those out for your favorite brand of threads instead.

The PDF for this project is available for download at the Rainbow Galley website

And speaking of the beach, here's another great thing that usually comes with beach trips: flip flops.  Now I love flip flops (I blame it on the California girl in me) and I usually wear them year-round, at least inside the house.  But there's nothing better than finding a new cute pair of flip flops for the summer.  The partner I'm stitching my summer exchange project for love flip flops, so I almost chose this pattern to make for her, but ended up choosing something different instead. 

This cute free cross stitch pattern is done by Janlynn, and is available to download via PDF from their website

So that's it for this mega installment of Free Pattern Friday.  I am going to try to be better at posting these weekly again...

Until next time, happy stitching!
post signature




If you ever come across one of my posts that contains a chart that breaks copyright law, please email me and let me know right away. In picking and posting my free cross stitch pattern posts, I make every effort to ensure the designs I share are legitimately free charts.

1 comment:

  1. Those wild roses are beautiful! I really need to decide what to do with all those monthly patterns lurking in my stash now~

    ReplyDelete